20 Jan 2011

New Things and a Discovery

Ok so I have new double glazed windows and a new front door! Yay!

Before
After


My New Front Door Outside
Isn't the front door just so smart? Apart from the paper number sign that is on there until Rick puts the real numbers up.
New Front Door Inside
Nanny's Apple Cake



And this is the apple cake that I made using Nanny's recipe that Mum gave me the other week. Not in a pretty container (this is because of the discovery of mouse droppings in my flat...... yuk) but its a pretty cake and lasts for a whole week staying moist and lovely. Perhaps we should post the recipe sometime....                                                                                                                                                                
                      


New Teapot and Cups


This teapot with matching cups is part of my new discovery. A shop I have never seen before has popped up nearby, its a Danish homewares shop which is very cheap and a bit like Ikea without the furniture and without the horrible queues.  The teapot has such a nice fresh design with a bamboo handle and has a built in strainer inside and was only £6! The matching cups were just £2 each. Bargain no?!

New Teapot











 


Tea Tin



This tea caddy/tin was also from Tiger and just £1; lovely peacock design. I also got some great black candles; 4 for £1 and one of those rubber non slip mat things for £1. All in all I am very happy with my new purchases and my discovery. 


I can't believe we have somehow got the same plant; this is a pic of the one we were talking about on the phone; as you can see the black tinge is not really noticeable right now, perhaps as you say it will come back as the sun returns. It is an Echeveria called 'Black Prince' and the one in the background is called 'Duchess of Nuremberg'. Might plant them outside in a pot together when it gets warmer.

Is this the same plant that you have?

3 comments:

  1. Blogger is so weird. I can never seem to get the layout of the pictures with the text as I want them. Useless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i find that too! lovely looking cake, haven't made that one for YEARS :) actually, i'm not sure it's the same plant anymore! lol but maybe yours is just smaller than mine. ill post a photo if i ever find my camera.....:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both plants look etiolated, but that is because they are indoors, without enough light. It will get better in the Summer. The Aeonium Jo has, and I do, is called 'Zwartkop'. The ones in the greenhouse are dead, one at home is green in centre and black on the older leaves - kept in porch where lots of morning sun.

    ReplyDelete