28 Aug 2011

Welsh Hoard plus more

*This post is very heavy on images so maybe make a cuppa while it loads!*

So Wales was great, had a nice time. Went to the National Museum of Welsh Life, went down Big Pit, hiked up Skirrid Fawr, a little mountain, and bought lots of tea to take home! 

iron works chimney
iron works
heather
more heather
a working loom in an old woollen mill
woollen mill
old pigsty
me on top the skirrid
circles everywhere

this is the stool/mini table I told you about on the phone
it must have been made from a crate of pears in jars
Back at home and I am flitting between my studio and home. Finishing off the archive book project, thinking of ideas for the next 3 books I need to make for another project, piecing together bits of cloth when I can, thinking about what to make next for the shop, tea staining things and trying to think what I can make for William when he arrives, other than felt booties of course!
end of the rainbow
more tea staining in progress
Talk soon sis.

x

1 comment:

  1. ooooh nice old mill and loom! very cool. and that stool is amazing, i wish i had one!

    ReplyDelete